Once you have decided to create your own ecommerce store and take your business to the next level, the next step is finding the right ecommerce solutions provider or a professional web developer to help you build and launch your new store.
This article is created with one goal only – to help business owners to make more informed decisions about ecommerce software and technologies.
When setting up your new store, you need to decide and choose a software you are going to use to maintain and run your online store.
There are 3 ecommerce solutions you can use:
- A hosted solution – This is one of the most popular solutions as for a certain monthly fee, you can host your new online store with the assistance of a third party.
- Custom built software – If you are experienced enough, you can write your own ecommerce solution or hire someone to write the software for you.
- Licensed ecommerce software – This is the type of software you download and install directly on your web server.
Hosted Ecommerce Solution
This is without a doubt the simplest way to build and launch an online site. All you need to do is sign up with the ecommerce provider and you can leave the rest to them. By using their own software, they will host your ecommerce store on their servers. Usually, you need to pay a setup fee and then you pay monthly fees for using their services. Using hosted ecommerce solutions has its own benefits such as it is really easy to set up, there are no maintenance required, there are some many additional services such as 24/7 support, analytics, SSL certificates, CRM software, marketing tool, and much more. There are some disadvantages that come with hosted ecommerce solutions such as a few ongoing costs and lack of flexibility. You should choose this ecommerce solution if you don’t want the hassle of setting up your store and if you don’t mind paying a monthly fee. Some of the best ecommerce solutions provider on the market are GoDaddy, Hostway, Yahoo, Web.com, Shopify, and CoreCommerce.
Custom-Built Ecommerce Software
Another option is to write your own ecommerce software. This is known as the most costly approach and it is also a time-consuming process. You are looking at thousands of dollars in costs and hundreds of hours of time, however, it gives you ultimate flexibility. Some of the advantages of using custom-built ecommerce software are full control, easier to modify, better integration, and can look very professional. Some of the disadvantages are high maintenance, expensive, and more effort to integrate with various payment providers. If you have a bigger budget and you want to deliver the best experience for your shoppers, this solution may be perfect for you.
Licensed Ecommerce Software
If you don’t want to host your store with a hosted ecommerce solutions provider, you can buy a software which you can instantly install on your site. You will need a web hosting for launching your store online, however, you can control the software yourself. Some of the advantages of using licensed ecommerce software are more flexibility, fixed costs, less lock-in than hosted ecommerce solutions, and gives a professional look. The disadvantages of this software are can be hard to customize, technical knowledge required, and can pose a security risk. There are so many great ecommerce packages available – Magento, Zen Cart, Jshop, X-Cart, and Interspire.
Choose the right ecommerce software, pick the best ecommerce solutions provider and launch your online store now!
Advantages of Using Ecommerce Solution Shopify for Your Ecommerce Website
If you are planning to start your own ecommerce store or upgrade your current one, it can be a real challenge to know exactly where to start. There are lots of different ecommerce solutions on the market, but Shopify is without the doubt the best one of them.
In this article, we are going to discuss the advantages of using this platform for your ecommerce site.
Sometimes it is really hard to imagine how the generation before us lived without the internet as the internet has brought us so many options and opportunities. If you make your own little search about Shopify, you will discover that Shopify is a Canadian ecommerce platform and it offers various solutions to its users, besides the ecommerce system, of course. This platform also offers a POS systems or point of sale systems with a computer software platform. The incredible solutions that Shopify offers have helped improve and boost business for lots of startups and ecommerce businesses all over the world.
Their journey started just like most businesses today. You simply realize a certain need in the market, however, the solutions are either expensive or they don’t suit your current needs. Tobias Lutke, the founder of Shopify, was looking for a way to sell his snowboards online, however, he couldn’t find an ecommerce solution that fit his needs. That is when he decided to create a better ecommerce solution in terms of flexibility. He partnered with his friend and started the project. They found themselves more motivated and inspired in building a business that revolved around the software they have created to help other people and businesses sell their items online.
There are lots of benefits of using ecommerce solution Shopify, but here are the 5 most important ones:
- Easy to use – The reason why so many people love Shopify is that they don’t have to have experience, be programmers or coders in order to use this platform. In other words, the platform takes care of the coding issues, as well as, the web-hosting faced by online business owners on their online store. What we are trying to say is that you don’t need any technical expertise to launch your own online store with Shopify. All you need is the business know-how and items to sell.
- No hosting problems and complications – Ecommerce solution Shopify is a platform that requires no software installations and no web hosting. Isn’t that great? That is how much Shopify takes care of you and wants you to save time and energy. Shopify hosts the shopping carts for its users and takes care of other issues such as management, gateway, hosting and payment.
- Customizable designs – The visual design and appearance of the online store is of an important value to any business owner. Startups looking to create their own platform on Shopify can choose from multiple themes and templates. Once you will choose a certain theme, you can customize it according to your needs and preferences.
- Reliable – Shopify is all about reliability. We aren’t suggesting that Shopify is immune to page loads and downtime, however that issue will not be on you as they are the ones that will be hosting and take care of the shopping cart.
- Shopify’s App Store integrations – Shopify has a community of designers and experts who have created apps that startups can easily add to the ecommerce options.
With ecommerce solution Shopify, anyone can build their ecommerce stores in the shortest time possible without spending too much money, effort, and time.
Read More Articles About B2B E-commerce Platforms
Once you have decided to create your own ecommerce store and take your business to the next level, the next step is finding the right ecommerce